Time: 1hr 30 mins
Makes: 4 cups
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, the pepper and the carrot until they’re soft (for about 10 minutes).
- Add cumin, coriander, cayenne and garlic powder and cook until it’s fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Raise the heat to very high and now add the ground beef, cooking it until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the tomato paste and stir the mixture.
- Pour in Dos Equis Ambar Especial beer. Scrape any sticky bits off the bottom of the pan. Then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and crushed tomatoes into the pan.
- Whisk flour with ¼ cup of cold water and add to the pan. Stir the mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Now reduce the heat to low, partially cover the pan and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Serve the chili with chopped white onion and shredded cheddar cheese.
you’ll actually enjoy.
These times raise some questions,
and we have some answers.
At least about beer.