Time: 50 mins
Makes: 6 cups
- For the batter: Mix together flour, paprika and egg.
- Add Dos Equis Ambar Especial beer and gradually stir everything together, until a decent dough is formed.
- For the sauce: Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Keep the mix in the fridge, until you’re ready to serve.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer up to 365° F. Test the temperature by dropping in a little bit of the batter. If the temperature has been reached, it should frizzle.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry it with a paper towel.
- Now dip the fish fillets in the batter and fry them in the hot oil, working in batches of 3. Take care not to overcrowd the fryer.
- Flip the fillets once, until both sides are golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Put the fish on a paper towel lined plate and let it drain, then season it with salt and pepper as long as it’s still hot.
- Place the fish on your tortillas and garnish it with chopped cilantro (and whatever else you like). Serve everything with cream sauce. Then enjoy.
you’ll actually enjoy.
These times raise some questions,
and we have some answers.
At least about beer.